For September, we reached out to our friend, Lindsay Erickson of the Denver Art Museum’s gift shop, to be our featured store of the month. And, really, how could we not with an exhibit entitled In Bloom currently on display? (More on that to come!) The gift shop buyers do an excellent job keeping the store interesting, fun, and fresh month after month. It’s no wonder their yearly shopping events are legendary throughout Denver.
- How would you describe the store?
Our museum shop is a collection of unique items that you will not find elsewhere.
- How long has it been in business?
The museum has been around for 122 years, the North shop has been in business for 44 years and the Hamilton shop for 9 years.
- Do you have a favorite line? Is there a new line we should all keep an eye open for?
My favorite line in the shop is the vendor Charles Viancin which is part of our Home/Design department. They are these amazing silicone lids that my kitchen can no longer live without.
- What is the one accessory you can’t live without?
My watch. It helps keep me on time and also makes for a cute bracelet.
- What styling advise do you share with all your customers?
Buy and wear what you feel most comfortable in. If you aren’t comfortable with what you are wearing it’s only going to sit in your drawer and collect dust.
- What has surprised you the most after you started working with the museum?
The customers. Almost every customer that walks into our store has an interesting story to share and we love to hear it.
- What activity are you most looking forward to this fall?
- Do you have a piece of fall clothing you can’t wait to bust out?
No, I’m not ready to give up my summer sandals just yet.
- Who is your favorite artist? Or what was your favorite exhibition?
My favorite exhibition was Xu Beihong, which we had back in 2011.
- Any exhibition coming up we should NOT miss?
This fall we have an exhibition featuring Andrew & Jamie Wyeth which I hear wonders about.